Monday, March 23, 2009

A NICE RELAXING WEEKEND

I have to say this weekend was just what I needed. I got to relax, spend some time with the husband, and even had a few beers. Saturday was pretty gloomy out, but it was still nice. Scott and I went to Walmart and Lowes to look at the new flowers they had. Walmart had some flowers, but not a lot, just Spring flowers. We also took our time, and looked at all the outdoor décor and of course we had to look at some manly tools!! After Walmart we went to Lowes…..Have I said lately that I LOVE LOWES…..I could spend hours and hours in there, and a whole lot of money!!! It was nice just the hubby and me browsing and getting some ideas for Summer. So, when we got home we had a lot of measuring to do. Scott is making me some window flower boxes…I am really excited about those….since our house is so white and lacking some color, I thought it would be good to do some window boxes and add some colorful flowers. I haven’t decided which flowers to plant, but I will……the other project I have is adding some flowers around our mailbox. I did this last year, and the flowers had a hard time growing. I think it had to do with the cement around the base of the mailbox and having the flowers too close to the curb, so we are going to move the mailbox and put some new cement around the base. This time I am planting them further out and way bigger than before. Here is a link to what it should look like when I am done
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2147098910041136817dUYoJn

the flowers in this picture are Salvia’s and petunias…..I think both come out to stores around May….
Sunday was relaxing…..Scott worked on his Webpage, which should be up in a couple of weeks, hopefully making us some $$$$$, and I was a couch potatoe…..had to catch up on some shows I recorded….Scott did BBQ, and we ate outside on our wonderful patio and enjoyed it......it was so peaceful…looking out at all the flowers and trees blooming……of course it all came to an end, when we went inside for a minute, and forgot that Louie was outside and left with all the food still on the table……yes, you guessed it…..daddy caught him red handed, with a bratwurst in his mouth..that little *%#@#$... Oh well, it was our fault for leaving it….

2 comments:

  1. glad you had a wonderful weekend. Sounds so nice and relaxing!

    Louie was outside and left with all the food still on the table……yes, you guessed it…..daddy caught him red handed, with a bratwurst in his mouth..that little *%#@#$... Oh well, it was our fault for leaving it….

    lmao!

    ReplyDelete